Download Recipe Card Here
- 1 small Spanish onion, julienne
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Spice blend: 1 bay leaf, 1 ts cumin, 1 ts paprika, 1 ts chili flakes, 1 ts chili powder
- 1.5 L 74-40 tomatoes, or canned plum tomatoes or San Marzano
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tb tomato paste
- 1/2 cup lager
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- S+P to taste
- Saute the vegetables with EVOO, garlic, spice blend and S+P. Cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Deglaze with beer, then add tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, simmer on medium heat for 30-40 minutes until reduced by 1/3.
- Add chopped basil, season with S+P to taste.
- 3 chicken breasts, pounded
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup AP flour, season with 2 ts garlic salt and pepper
- Breading blend: 1 cup panko, 1 cup breadcrumbs, 1 ts dried basil, 1 ts dried oregano, 1 ts garlic salt, S+P
- 3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella
- 1 knob Grana Padano Parmesan
- 3 piece prosciutto
- Pound the breast with a mallet.
- Bread the chicken by dredging in flour, then egg wash, then panko mixture.
- Heat a deep frying pan with oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry each cutlet 2 minutes per side.
- Heat your over to 425.
- In a baking dish, build the parma as follow: red sauce, cutlet, more red sauce, prosciutto, buffalo mozzarella, grated grana padano
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Served with a side salad and chips.
Shelf Life (Red Sauce): 5 days