- 1 eggplant
- 2 ts Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 ts cumin
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 3 tb organic tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 sprig cilantro, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- S+P to taste
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise, poke holes with a fork, then sprinkle salt all over the flesh.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, then pat dry.
- Roast in the oven flesh side down on a greased pan for 30-35 minutes.
- Scoop the guts out into a mixing bowl, add cumin and garlic.
- Mix vigorously with a fork. (You can also add all the ingredients into a food processor.)
- Add all the other items, then season to taste with S+P.
- Serve with chopped vegetables and pita bread.
Yield: 2 cups
Shelf Life: 5 days