- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5 lb boneless skinless chicken leg, marinated with 2 tb paprika, 1 tb cumin and olive oil, cut into 2-3 large pieces
- 1 green zucchini, rough chopped
- 1 green pepper, rough chopped
- 1 red pepper, rough chopped
- 1 russet potato, cubed
- 1 carrot, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 knob ginger root, grated
- 1 bunch lemongrass
- 1 cup Thai curry paste
- 2 tb brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lager
- 2 tb rice wine vinegar
- 2 tb soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2.5 cup chicken stock
- 2 can coconut milk
- S+P to taste
- 4 sprig cilantro for garnish
- Set slow cooker to saute function, sweat the onions with olive oil, garlic and S+P until translucent.
- Working in batches, brown the chicken, remove and set aside.
- Deglaze with beer as always.
- Add Thai curry paste, brown sugar, rice vinegar and soy. Cook out until oils emerge and is fragrant.
- Add chicken and vegetables back to the slow cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Stir together, put the lid back on.
- Switch to slow cooker function, and cook for 6 hours.
- Remove lemongrass, season to taste.
- Served with rice and chopped cilantro.
Shelf Life: 5 days, or can be frozen