If you want to think like a chef, classic cocktails can sometimes inspire your menu development. Watch Cheoff Geoff teach you how to put a make his signature “Hail Caesar!” deviled eggs recipe with vodka maple glazed bacon garnish.
The bloody Caesar is a classic Canadian cocktail. I’ve deconstructed its ingredients and reassembled them to make these colourful devilled eggs. There’s a lot of balanced flavours a single bite. You get richness from the eggs, a zesty, savoury flavour from the yolk mixture and some sweetness from the vodka maple glazed bacon. These are the ultimate party food, a real showstopper, taking your deviled egg game to the next level. You’ll never boil eggs with water again, this is definitely the best deviled eggs recipe you will find. Bon Appetit!
- 7 large eggs
- 1 L Mott’s Clamato
- 1 tb kosher salt
- 1 ts celery salt
- 4 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tb mayo
- Add the eggs and Clamato to a sauce pot.
- Bring mixture to boil.
- Once boiled, simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes exactly.
- Using a slotted spoon, shock the eggs in an ice bath. Allow to cool.
- Reserve the liquid and the pot.
- Once cooled remove the shells, then slice the eggs in half.
- Put the yolks in a mixing bowl, put the egg whites back in the pot with the Clamato to dye the eggs. (This can be done overnight to achieve a vibrant pink colour.)
- Using a fork, break down the egg yolks.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
VODKA MAPLE GLAZED BACON
- 6 strips thick cut smoked bacon
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 1.5 oz pure maple syrup
- 1 ts cracked black pepper
- See video for how to flame off the alcohol from the Vodka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JDWnO4kGmg&feature=youtu.be
- Set the oven to 400. Line the bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- After flaming off the vodka, add the maple syrup, mix together.
- Using a brush, liberally add all the glaze to the bacon.
- Sprinkle cracked black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until crispy.
HOW TO BUILD HAIL CAESAR! DEVILLED EGGS
- Add a smear of Sriracha to a long plate.
- Place the eggs on the smear.
- Add celery leaves to the egg.
- Carefully spoon out a large teaspoon of the yolk mixture into the egg.
- Top with Vodka maple glaze bacon.